Friday, October 26, 2012

Crayon/Notebook Holder

 I started my crayon holder by choosing three colors.  You can choose anywhere from 1-3 colors if you like.  I wanted mine to be colorful!  Start by cutting 2 - 6"x14" pieces, and 1 - 4"x16" piece.  If you want it to be taller, add about an inch on the two pieces to make it 7"x14".  (My original single piece I cut longer, just to make sure I had space but ended cutting it off at the end to make the 16").


Now, take your single piece (4x16) and hem what will be the top.
 

Next, sew your left side of your 4x16 piece to one of your 6x14 pieces.
 

Measure how big your want for your notebook, pin, and sew.

Next, you will do the same process for your crayon pockets.  (This is why you want this piece longer, so that you can have some give for the crayon).
 

I then sewed my final piece (wrong sides together) to the other, keeping the opposite side of the notebook open.
 


Hot glue the side to create a hem, and add two pieces of ribbon, then hot glue it all closed.
 

Voila... here is your crayon/notebook holder!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment